United Technical Center
The United Technical Center Practical Nursing program is a 12 month program preparing adults for entry level jobs in nursing cares. The program is accredited by the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses and North Central Association.
Students who successfully graduate from the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nursing.
Graduates wishing to pursue further education in Registered Nursing and articulation are prepared to do so by the academic instruction they receive in this program.
- Register for pre-entrance examination
- The program offers pre-entrance exams between October and February (Test is an assessment of Math, English, and Science)
- Pre-requisites for entrance including Medical Terminology and Math for Medications (offered by United Technical Center online and in the evenings respectively)
- Applicants meeting the minimum test scores will be scheduled for a personal interview
Successful applicants will be notified by mail to complete the program specific requirements:
- Criminal background check (required by law for clinical experience and licensure)
- Health examination, physical assessment (required immunizations and laboratory tests)
- Dental examinations
Classes for the Practical Nursing program begin on the 1st of July.
|State board of nursing approval:||Fully Approved|
|Average NCLEX PN passrate :||-|
|Average number of students tested annually:||-|
|Program accreditations:||Not Accredited|
|Available Study Options|