About Nursing Explorer
NursingExplorer is a nursing career and education resource website that strives to provide comprehensive, accurate and up-to-date information to current and prospective nurses.
If you are new to nursing you can use our website, to learn about the various education paths that lead to nursing licenses and the pros and cons of these paths, state-specific details (if there are any) and the cost associated with them. In addition, you can use our career section to explore the endless job possibilities available to you once you get your nursing license. We also provide a huge database of scholarships that can help you finance your education.
Here are some of the free resources we provide:
- Scholarships database with over 14,000 financial aid opportunities
- A continuously growing list of nursing programs organized by degree types and location
- A proximity search tool that helps to find nursing schools by distance
- You can save and compare nursing programs side-by-side.
- A well-organized nursing specialties guides
- Nursing programs and education guides that:
- help you learn about the types of entry-level, graduate, bridge and accelerated nursing programs
- help you learn about the time it takes to complete each type of program and how much each program type costs.
- help you learn the admission requirements and prerequisites for each type of nursing program.
- help you learn more about different types of nursing entrance exams and NCLEX
We work closely with nurses to source the content we provide on this website. The combined work experience of our contributors is well over a century. See the full list of our contributors here.
We use the following data sources to provide the information you see on our website:
- U.S. Department of Education
- States Board of Nursing
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Colleges and Universities websites
- Various Nursing Associations and