Nursing Explorer is an education and career resource website created to provide comprehensive and up-to-date information for nursing students and professional nurses.
- A continuously growing list of nursing programs organized by degree types and location.
- You can sort, compare and store your candidate programs (or schools) in our database (registration is required to store)
- Community based review and rating system whereby students can share their views and opinions about a program or a school.
- Contact information of each state board of nursing and license related information for each state
- We also offer nursing education guides which cover the following areas:
- Type of entry level and graduate programs
- Emerging nursing programs
- How long each program takes to complete
- How much each program type costs
- Admission requirements and prerequisites for each program, etc
We use a number of data sources to gather the information we provide on the website. Our main data sources are:
- U.S. Department of Education
- State Nursing Boards
- Colleges and Universities websites
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- National League for Nursing
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- Various Nursing Associations
All the data you see on our website is entered to our database with the help of special scripts and hand edited by data encoders.
Nursing Explorer was launched on September 1, 2012. So what we have on the website may not completely answer your questions or you may come across some software bugs here and there. We apologize for that in advance. We would like to hear from you, our users, how we are doing, or what we should include or improve on the website.
If you have any question, suggestion or any kind of request about the data or the information we provide, please don't hesitate to contact us.