About Nursing Explorer
In a nutshell, NursingExplorer is a resource website that helps individuals learn about the nursing profession and the education requirements in order to become a licensed nurse in the US. We started the website in 2012 with a simple goal of building a nice little website that can help students explore this vast and ever-expanding profession in an easy and clear way. Since then, we built one of the most complete nursing schools database on the web that contains over 3,000 schools and over 7,500+ programs across 50 states, we built a scholarships database that hosts over 15,000 financial aid opportunities that can be used by any student (both nursing and non-nursing majors), we also created a comprehensive career guide that covers over 100 nursing specialties.
If you are new to nursing you can use our website, to learn about the various education paths that lead to nursing licenses and the pros and cons of each path and the cost associated with them. You can also use our careers section to explore the endless job possibilities available to you once you get your nursing license.
If you are a nurse, you might use the website to research schools that can help you advance your education. For example, if you are an RN with an associate degree and planning to complete your BSN, you should check out the RN-to-BSN section or if you are LPN and want to become RN, the most popular bridge program is LPN-to-ADN and also we have LPN-to-BSN section for those who wish to go straight to BSN.
Before you apply to any school, check out our scholarships section, there are great financial aid opportunities that can help you pay for your education. Most of the scholarships are not limited to students majoring in nursing, there is something for anyone. So even if you're not going to nursing school, it is worth to have a look.
Here are some of our popular resources and tools:
- Scholarships database - 15,000+ financial aid opportunities
- Nursing Schools Database - a continuously growing list of nursing schools/programs organized by degree types and location
- Nursing programs search - a proximity search tool that helps to find nursing programs by distance
- Nursing specialties - a well-organized nursing specialties guides
- GPA calculator - an easy to use tool that can calculate cumulative GPA for the entire college year.
We use the following data sources to provide the information you find on our website:
- U.S. Department of Education
- States Board of Nursing
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
- National Council of State Boards of Nursing
- Colleges and Universities websites
- Various Nursing Associations