Los Angeles Harbor College
HEALTH SCIENCES NURSING
The Los Angeles Harbor College, Associate Degree Registered Nursing Program has been preparing students to become Registered Nurses since 1963. The program is approved by the Board of Registered Nursing and is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
The program prepares students to be eligible to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination to be licensed as Registered Nurses.
The Registered Nursing program is four semesters in length without taking into consideration time taken to complete pre-requisite courses. The program combines in class room theoretical instruction with a range of clinical practice opportunities and small group discussions.
Clinical experience allows students to take part in simulated clinical situations, nursing skills laboratories and community based experiences in home healthcare agencies and hospitals.
- Graduation from an accredited High School or GED equivalency
- Acceptance as a fully matriculated student at LAHC
- Complete pre-requisite courses (for anatomy, physiology, and microbiology prerequisite courses with no grade less than “C” for each and no more than one repetition in any of these courses and English 101 and Psychology 1 with a “C” grade or more)
- Meet LAHC math requirement
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher for all college level coursework
- Achieve minimum score entrance exam for basic academic skills
|State board of nursing approval:||Fully Approved|
|Average NCLEX RN passrate (3 years):||96.79%|
|Average number of students tested annually:||104|
|Available Study Options|
NCLEX RN Passrate History
Annual NCLEX RN passrate data and the number of students who took the exam at Los Angeles Harbor College as reported by California state board of nursing.
|Year||Students Tested||School||National Avg|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges|
01/01/1952 - Current
Nursing (ADNUR) - Associate degree programs|
08/01/1997 - Current
|Campus LocaleCity: Large|
|Student to Faculty Ratio25:1|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|Business ModelNot for Profit|
|On Campus Housing-|
$11,120Average Net Price/year
Net Price by Family Income
|Less than 30k$9,848|
|30k to 48k$10,235|
|48k to 75k$12,520|
|75k to 110k$12,534|
Financial Aid & Loan
Any grant or scholarship aid
Federal Student Loans
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
American Indian or Alaska Native