Long Beach City College
Long Beach City College is one of the one hundred three public 2-year colleges in California. The campus is located in an urban area, in Long Beach.According to the NCES 2017 report, a total of 24,658 students attend the school. Every year 19% of the graduating class students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their studies.
Long Beach City College's in-state tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year was $1,104, and fees were $84. Out-of-state tuition and fees for the same period were $7,416 and $84 respectively.
|Campus LocaleLarge City|
|Number of Students24,658|
|Student to Faculty Ratio28:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus Housing-|
The Long Beach City College Vocational Nursing Program is designed to enable students to transition from Licensed Vocational Nursing to the Associate Degree Nursing Program.
Students who complete the one year full time study program completing all AND pre-requisites will be eligible to apply the AND program to become a Registered Nurse.
Students who are Certified Nursing Assistants or those who have successfully completed VN 215 Fundamentals of Nursing course and have met one of the pre-requisites towards applying for the VN program.
Graduates of the Vocational Nursing program are eligible to apply to take the National Licensing Examination for vocational practical nursing (NCLEX-PN).
- All nursing program applicant will need to have a clear background check, health screen and immunizations, obtain malpractice insurance and CPR certification from the American Heart Association as well as other requirements made by clinical training institutions.
- Open enrollment will end the Saturday before class commences even if there are spaces available in the class. Students desiring to enroll after this date will need to attend the class and request permission from the instructor. It is possible to email the instructor for a permission number for online courses.
- The nursing program is required to maintain health and safety information and records on all students according to standards established by the Orange County/Long Beach Consortium for Nursing and clinical agencies.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||2||34|
|Award of at least 2 but less than 4 academic years||0||0|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges|
01/01/1952 - Current
Nursing Programs Accreditations
Nursing (ADNUR) - Associate degree programs|
12/01/1966 - Current
Cost to Attend
The following table details the reported cost of attendance per credit hour for the 2017-2018 academic year.
|In District Students||$46/credit|
|In State Students||$46/credit|
|Out of State Students||$309/credit|
|In District Students||-|
|In State Students||-|
|Out of State Students||-|
Based on the above credit hour costs, here is a sample tuition for different nursing programs.
|Program||Credit Hours||In district||In State||Out of State|
If you attend a private, for-profit school, usually the additional cost (besides tuition) is about 10% of the tuition. If you attend a public school or a not-for-profit private school, the additional cost is around 50% of the tuition.
In 2017-2018 academic year, 74% of Long Beach City College's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||14%||$380|
|State Grant & Scholarships||73%||$1,856|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||--||$1,000|
|Federal Student Loans||2%||$5,004|
$5,526Average Net Price
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$3,857|
|$30,001 to $48,000$4,603|
|$48,001 to $75,000$6,513|
|$75,001 to $110,000$8,679|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- California State PTA Continuing Education Scholarship for School Nurses
- FNSNA Promise of Nursing Scholarships
- Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarships
- Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship Program
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and California state board of nursing.