Lee County Career and Technical School
The Lee County Career and Technical School Nursing Program, offers an 18 month formal education curriculum to prepare students for careers in Practical Nursing. The program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and the State Department of Education.
The curriculum is divided into two nine month long sessions with a combination of theoretical in classroom instruction, laboratory skills and clinical experience at selected health care settings.
The clinical component of the course is 36 weeks long following after the successful completion of pre-clinical requirements.
Students who successfully complete both the preclinical and the clinical phases of the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination for Practical Nurses on the condition that students meet the minimum requirements established for licensure.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- Official high school and college transcript
- Completed application
- Complete the PSB entrance examination
- Interview with the admissions committee
Applicants accepted into the program are required to show proof of physical health examination including required laboratory tests and immunization series.
Students will also be required to submit to a criminal background check and have a current CPR certification before enrollment.
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.