Buchanan County Public Schools
The Buchanan County Public Schools offers a practical nursing program that offers quality nursing program.
The program accepts students at the beginning of each academic year.
- Submit formal application
- Official high school transcripts or GED equivalency certificate
- Proof of mental and physical health (physical and dental examination)
- Two personal references
- Satisfactory score on entrance test
Admission to the practical nursing program is open to all high school seniors and qualified adults with priority given to high school seniors who are residents in the county. Qualified adults who are country residents are selected to fill vacancies after the admission process for high school applicants are concluded.
Every applicant is to be interviewed by a member of the selection committee before final acceptance in the program. Applicants need to be able to start clinical experiences at the date established by the college.
Applicants accepted into the program will be required to submit to a Criminal Record Check. Students will also be required to agree to comply with Drug and Alcohol Free Environment Policy by signing the pre-clinical and clinical policy admission.
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.