John Tyler Community College
The ADN program offers two tracks for enrollment. The Traditional Track is offered in regular daytime classroom sessions Monday through Friday and clinical practice offered at various times including weekends and/or evenings.
The second track is the Hybrid Distance Education Track which offers theoretical instruction in a virtual format and clinical classes arranged during the day, on evenings and/or weekends.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- Transcripts for all college level coursework if applicable
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- College placement test scores
- Nursing entrance test
- Current CPR certification for Health Care Providers from the American Heart Association
Students accepted into the program are required to submit proof of the following:
- Criminal background check
- Drug screening
- Physical Examination including tuberculin test and evidence of hepatitis-B vaccination or to sign a waiver
- Immunization series
- Dental Examination
|State board of nursing approval:||Fully Approved|
|Average NCLEX RN passrate (3 years):||91.63%|
|Average number of students tested annually:||105|
|Available Study Options|
NCLEX RN Passrate History
Annual NCLEX RN passrate data and the number of students who took the exam at John Tyler Community College as reported by Virginia state board of nursing.
|Year||Students Tested||School||National Avg|