Greenbrier County School of Practical Nursing
Lewisburg, WV 24901
Nursing Programs Offered
The Greenbrier School of Practical Nursing is operated by the Greenbrier Board of Education under the sponsorship of the West Virginia Board of Education. The program is accredited by the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Practical Nurses.
The curriculum for the nursing program requires 12 months of intensive study. The program is currently associated with the Greenbrier Manor and GVMC for clinical trials.
One class, consisting of approximately 25 students, is admitted into the program annually for the fall semester. The deadline for applications received by mail is the 15th of May every year.
Students who successfully complete the program will be awarded a diploma and will be eligible to apply to sit for the licensure examination for Practical Nurses offered by the West Virginia State Board of Examiners.
Each year approximately 25 students are selected to begin an intensive 12 month program to prepare for a career as a practical nurse.
- -Be commited to the care of the ill
- -Have on file: a completed application, proof of GED or high school graduation, and references.
- -Disclose all misdemeanors, and anything that occurs during the school year must be disclosed within 7 days of the offense.
- -Pass a pre-admissions exam. Remedial classes may be required to upgrade basic skills.
- -Be interviewed with nursing faculty.
- -Complete a physical, PPD or chest x-ray, immunizations for hepatitis B, as well as other immunizations as recommended by the Center for Disease Control, Rubella Titer, and a dental examination.
- -Submit to a National background check.
- -Complete a drug screen.
- -Be physically active and be able to lift 50 lbs frequently.
Applicants who are registered nurses must have a current license to practice as an RN, have more than a high school diploma and be currently enrolled in an undergraduate nursing degree program in ...
Applicant must be a Charleston, WV resident enrolled as a full time student in an accredited nursing program in West Virginia. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
Applicant must be a West Virginia resident enrolled full time at an accredited college or university, have a minimum 2.5 GPA, and demonstrate good moral character. Preference given to applicants ...
Applicant must be a graduating senior of Logan High School who plans to enroll in a field of study in registered nursing from an accredited college in West Virginia. Minimum 2.5 GPA and composite ...
Applicant must be a resident of West Virginia; preference will be given to Jackson County residents. Applicant must be planning to major in the fields of library science, nursing, or ...