The Ohlone College Nursing program offering an Associate of Science to prepare students to become Registered Nurses is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) and the California Board of Registered Nurses (BRN).
Students who complete the program successfully are eligible to apply to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses leading to licensure as Registered Nurse.
The program was commended by the California Board of Registered Nurses (BRN) in August 2005 for “Innovation and Leadership”.
A student is expected to take the TEAS V test and score a minimum score of 62 before applying for the program.
Applications to the program are initially processed through random selection. A student who has been accepted into the program through the random process is required to present:
- Current CPR certification for health care providers from the American Heart Association to remain valid during the course of the enrollment period
- Proof of a physical exam provided by your health care provider (including tuberculin test)
- Proof of immunizations (proof of immunity from Rubella, Measles, Hepatitis B, Varicella, proof tetanus injection)
- Submit to a criminal background check which may affect licensure as Registered Nurse
- Submit to a urine drug test
|State board of nursing approval:||Fully Approved|
|Average NCLEX RN passrate (3 years):||95.52%|
|Average number of students tested annually:||47|
|Available Study Options|
NCLEX RN Passrate History
Annual NCLEX RN passrate data and the number of students who took the exam at Ohlone College as reported by California state board of nursing.
|Year||Students Tested||School||National Avg|
Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges|
01/01/1970 - Current
Nursing (ADNUR) - Associate degree programs|
06/01/1978 - Current
|Campus LocaleSuburb: Large|
|Student to Faculty Ratio24:1|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|Business ModelNot for Profit|
|On Campus Housing-|
$12,792Average Net Price/year
Net Price by Family Income
|Less than 30k$8,924|
|30k to 48k$9,959|
|48k to 75k$12,479|
|75k to 110k$13,778|
Financial Aid & Loan
Any grant or scholarship aid
Federal Student Loans
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
American Indian or Alaska Native