Institute of Medical Education
Institute of Medical Education is one of the public 2-year colleges in California.
|Number of Students-|
|Student to Faculty Ratio-|
|Is Admission Open-|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus Housing-|
The Institute of Medical Education Vocational Nursing program is a state approved practical nursing program preparing students to serve the community as competent Licensed Vocational Nurses.
The mission of the program at IME is to provide the health care community with well trained and diversified care givers that can contribute positively to any health care team.
The LVN program is a combination of both in class theoretical instruction and practical clinical training. This combination is intended to prepare students to meet, and surpass, the demands of a real life health care setting.
The program last for 15 months. After completing the program graduates are offered a two weeks long NCLEX-PN review to prepare students for the licensure examination.
- Seventeen years of age or older
- High School Diploma, GED, or Equivalent
- Pass the IME entrance exam
- Healthcare CPR certification
- Current immunization documents
- Complete pre-requisite courses (Anatomy and Physiology. Psychology, Nutrition, Growth and Development, Pharmacology) pre-requisites can be taken at IME or can be transferred from a credit granting institution with submission of official transcripts for coursework taken in the last 5 years
- Interview with the director of the LVN program
VN’s will be trained to care for patients in a range of medical settings by offering bedside care and assisting with physicians and Registered Nurses.
Nursing schools located within 41 miles radius of Institute of Medical Education
6 miles away
Evergreen Valley College
7 miles away
De Anza College
8 miles away
14 miles away
24 miles away
24 miles away
College of San Mateo
28 miles away
31 miles away
35 miles away
City College of San Francisco
41 miles away
Cost to Attend
- California State PTA Continuing Education Scholarship for School Nurses
- FNSNA Promise of Nursing Scholarships
- Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarships
- Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship Program
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2016-2017 colleges survey) and California state board of nursing.