James Rumsey Technical Institute
The James Rumsey Licensed Practical Nurse Program is designed students to provide efficient nursing care. The program proceeds in a progression from the simple to the complex elements with each progression including theoretical and clinical components.
The LPN program is accredited by the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
The program serves as a basis for continued education to meet the requirements for advanced licensure as required by the regulations of the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Candidates must attend an orientation
- Submit application and be prepared to pay $50.00 nonrefundable application fee upon acceptance.
- Take pre-admission test by mid-March.
- Provide verification of graduation upon acceptance. (High school transcript or GED must be mailed directly to us from the school or board of education, and must have an official seal).
- Must be in good physical health (verified by a physical exam). Drug screen (approximately $40.00) and FBI background check (approximately $25.00) required. Must be able to lift 40 pounds from floor to waist and stand for long periods of time.
- Candidates who score the minimum required percentiles, both total and reading, will be asked to attend an interview and provide three letters of reference from previous school officials or employers. Upon notification of acceptance, submit $50.00 nonrefundable application fee.
Evaluations for the program depend in the completion of each clinical rotation with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA required for each rotation.
The clinical elements of the program are divided into 5 rotations with a score of 80% or more required for each rotation. Clinical opportunities are offered at a range of healthcare sites.
Student transferring to the program are required to submit:
- Letter of application
- Official transcript from an accredited program (credits earned within the past two years)
- Letter of reference
All applicants to the program are expected to have liability coverage and malpractice insurance. Applicants are also required to submit to health assessment and criminal background check prior to attending clinical rotations.
|State board of nursing approval:||Fully Approved|
|Average NCLEX PN passrate :||-|
|Average number of students tested annually:||-|
|Program accreditations:||Not Accredited|
|Available Study Options|
Council on Occupational Education|
09/30/2014 - Current
|Campus LocaleSuburb: Midsize|
|Student to Faculty Ratio10:1|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|LevelLess than 2 year|
|Business ModelNot for Profit|
|On Campus HousingYes|
$14,765Average Net Price/year
Net Price by Family Income
|Less than 30k$15,854|
|30k to 48k$19,360|
|48k to 75k$16,452|
|75k to 110k--|
Financial Aid & Loan
Any grant or scholarship aid
Federal Student Loans
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
American Indian or Alaska Native