James Rumsey Technical Institute
Martinsburg, WV 25403
James Rumsey Technical Institute is one of the 14 public less than two year colleges in West Virginia. Its campus is small in size and located in a suburb in Martinsburg. The institution offers only undergrad degree programs.
Every year 76% of students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their respective studies.
|Campus LocaleMidsize Suburb|
|Student to Faculty Ratio10:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|LevelLess than two year|
|On Campus HousingYes|
Nursing Programs Offered
The James Rumsey Licensed Practical Nurse Program is designed students to provide efficient nursing care. The program proceeds in a progression from the simple to the complex elements with each progression including theoretical and clinical components.
The LPN program is accredited by the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
The program serves as a basis for continued education to meet the requirements for advanced licensure as required by the regulations of the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Candidates must attend an orientation
- Submit application and be prepared to pay $50.00 nonrefundable application fee upon acceptance.
- Take pre-admission test by mid-March.
- Provide verification of graduation upon acceptance. (High school transcript or GED must be mailed directly to us from the school or board of education, and must have an official seal).
- Must be in good physical health (verified by a physical exam). Drug screen (approximately $40.00) and FBI background check (approximately $25.00) required. Must be able to lift 40 pounds from floor to waist and stand for long periods of time.
- Candidates who score the minimum required percentiles, both total and reading, will be asked to attend an interview and provide three letters of reference from previous school officials or employers. Upon notification of acceptance, submit $50.00 nonrefundable application fee.
Evaluations for the program depend in the completion of each clinical rotation with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA required for each rotation.
The clinical elements of the program are divided into 5 rotations with a score of 80% or more required for each rotation. Clinical opportunities are offered at a range of healthcare sites.
Student transferring to the program are required to submit:
- Letter of application
- Official transcript from an accredited program (credits earned within the past two years)
- Letter of reference
All applicants to the program are expected to have liability coverage and malpractice insurance. Applicants are also required to submit to health assessment and criminal background check prior to attending clinical rotations.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||1||13|
Council on Occupational Education|
09/30/2014 - Current
Cost to Attend
In 2017-2018 academic year, 67% of James Rumsey Technical Institute's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||9%||$1,484|
|State Grant & Scholarships||5%||$1,640|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||5%||$1,463|
|Federal Student Loans||--||--|
$11,214Average Net Price/year
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$11,214|
|$30,001 to $48,000$11,214|
|$48,001 to $75,000$15,029|
|$75,001 to $110,000$16,329|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
Applicants who are registered nurses must have a current license to practice as an RN, have more than a high school diploma and be currently enrolled in an undergraduate nursing degree program in ...
Applicant must be a Charleston, WV resident enrolled as a full time student in an accredited nursing program in West Virginia. Minimum 2.5 GPA required.
Applicant must be a West Virginia resident enrolled full time at an accredited college or university, have a minimum 2.5 GPA, and demonstrate good moral character. Preference given to applicants ...
Applicant must be a graduating senior of Logan High School who plans to enroll in a field of study in registered nursing from an accredited college in West Virginia. Minimum 2.5 GPA and composite ...
Applicant must be a resident of West Virginia; preference will be given to Jackson County residents. Applicant must be planning to major in the fields of library science, nursing, or ...
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and West Virginia state board of nursing.