James Rumsey Technical Institute
James Rumsey Technical Institute is one of the fourteen public career colleges in West Virginia. The campus is located in a suburb, in Martinsburg.According to the NCES 2017 report, a total of 126 students attend the school. Every year 76% of the graduating class students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their studies.
|Campus LocaleMidsize Suburb|
|Number of Students126|
|Student to Faculty Ratio10:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|LevelLess than two year|
|On Campus HousingYes|
The James Rumsey Licensed Practical Nurse Program is designed students to provide efficient nursing care. The program proceeds in a progression from the simple to the complex elements with each progression including theoretical and clinical components.
The LPN program is accredited by the West Virginia State Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
The program serves as a basis for continued education to meet the requirements for advanced licensure as required by the regulations of the West Virginia Board of Examiners for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Candidates must attend an orientation
- Submit application and be prepared to pay $50.00 nonrefundable application fee upon acceptance.
- Take pre-admission test by mid-March.
- Provide verification of graduation upon acceptance. (High school transcript or GED must be mailed directly to us from the school or board of education, and must have an official seal).
- Must be in good physical health (verified by a physical exam). Drug screen (approximately $40.00) and FBI background check (approximately $25.00) required. Must be able to lift 40 pounds from floor to waist and stand for long periods of time.
- Candidates who score the minimum required percentiles, both total and reading, will be asked to attend an interview and provide three letters of reference from previous school officials or employers. Upon notification of acceptance, submit $50.00 nonrefundable application fee.
Evaluations for the program depend in the completion of each clinical rotation with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA required for each rotation.
The clinical elements of the program are divided into 5 rotations with a score of 80% or more required for each rotation. Clinical opportunities are offered at a range of healthcare sites.
Student transferring to the program are required to submit:
- Letter of application
- Official transcript from an accredited program (credits earned within the past two years)
- Letter of reference
All applicants to the program are expected to have liability coverage and malpractice insurance. Applicants are also required to submit to health assessment and criminal background check prior to attending clinical rotations.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||1||13|
Council on Occupational Education|
09/30/2014 - Current
Cost to Attend
In 2017-2018 academic year, 67% of James Rumsey Technical Institute's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||9%||$1,484|
|State Grant & Scholarships||5%||$1,640|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||5%||$1,463|
|Federal Student Loans||--||--|
$11,214Average Net Price
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$11,214|
|$30,001 to $48,000$11,214|
|$48,001 to $75,000$15,029|
|$75,001 to $110,000$16,329|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and West Virginia state board of nursing.