Gee's Career Institute
The Fortis College Nursing Program prepares students for entry level jobs in the nursing professions. The program offers a curriculum with theoretical, laboratory and clinical components.
The theoretical portion of the program guides the clinical practice portion which provides students with hands on practical experience. Clinical practice is offered at hospitals and healthcare facilities affiliated with Fortis.
Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination to be licensed as a Practical Nurse.
- All applicants to the program are required to complete an application to the program. All complete applications will be evaluated by the admission committee which will make final decision in regards to acceptance to the program
- A high school diploma or a GED equivalency certificate is required
- Official transcripts
- Three references (to be mailed to the program)
- Scores from a Nursing Entrance Test (All applicants are required to sit for the pre-admission entrance test)
- Students accepted into the program are expected to submit to an annual physical examination including screening for tuberculosis, immunization series including proof of Measles, Mumps and Rubella and Hepatitis B, Td and Varicella and a criminal background check.
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.