Gee's Career Institute
Nursing Programs Offered
The Fortis College Nursing Program prepares students for entry level jobs in the nursing professions. The program offers a curriculum with theoretical, laboratory and clinical components.
The theoretical portion of the program guides the clinical practice portion which provides students with hands on practical experience. Clinical practice is offered at hospitals and healthcare facilities affiliated with Fortis.
Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination to be licensed as a Practical Nurse.
- All applicants to the program are required to complete an application to the program. All complete applications will be evaluated by the admission committee which will make final decision in regards to acceptance to the program
- A high school diploma or a GED equivalency certificate is required
- Official transcripts
- Three references (to be mailed to the program)
- Scores from a Nursing Entrance Test (All applicants are required to sit for the pre-admission entrance test)
- Students accepted into the program are expected to submit to an annual physical examination including screening for tuberculosis, immunization series including proof of Measles, Mumps and Rubella and Hepatitis B, Td and Varicella and a criminal background check.
Applicants must be daughters, sons grandsons, etc of veterans who served during eligibility dates for membership in the american legion.
A $400.00 nursing education merit award shall be given annually by the Iowa Department of the American Legion Auxiliary in memory of the late Mary Virginia Macrae, who served as the first ...
Applicants must be daughters, sons, grandsons, etc. of veterans who served during eligibility dates for membership in the American Legion. Applicants must be in their senior year or graduates of ...
Candidates must be residents of Newport County, and a graduate from a high school in Rhode Island. Scholarships are open to individuals accepted into, and in attendance at any accredited nursing ...
This scholarship has been donated by Leslie and Virginia Fiur to a nursing student with a disability.
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.