Fortis College-Richmond is one of the sixteen private, for-profit 2-year colleges in Virginia. The campus is located in a suburb, in Richmond.According to the NCES 2017 report, a total of 404 students attend the school. Every year 47% of the graduating class students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their studies.
Virginia School of Technology's in-state tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year was $13,731, and fees were $628. Out-of-state tuition and fees for the same period were $13,731 and $628 respectively.
|Campus LocaleLarge Suburb|
|Number of Students404|
|Student to Faculty Ratio15:1|
|Is Admission OpenNo|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus Housing-|
The Fortis College has multiple campuses. Programs vary by state and campus. Not all programs are offered at all locations, each has its own accreditation which can be known by inquiring from accreditation information.
Nursing Program prepares students for entry level jobs in the nursing professions. The program offers a curriculum with theoretical, laboratory and clinical components. The theoretical portion of the program guides the clinical practice portion which provides students with hands on practical experience.
Clinical practice is offered at hospitals and healthcare facilities affiliated with Fortis. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination to be licensed as a Practical Nurse. Admissions Requirements - All applicants to the program are required to complete an application to the program.
All complete applications will be evaluated by the admission committee which will make final decision in regards to acceptance to the program.
- A high school diploma or a GED equivalency certificate is required
- Official transcripts
- Three references (to be mailed to the program)
- Scores from a Nursing Entrance Test (All applicants are required to sit for the pre-admission entrance test)
- Students accepted into the program are expected to submit to an annual physical examination including screening for tuberculosis, immunization series including proof of Measles, Mumps and Rubella and Hepatitis B, Td and Varicella and a criminal background check.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||2||8|
In addition to the college's admission requirements each nursing program might have its own admission criteria (such as: TEAS score, HESI A2 score, nursing prerequisites GPA, etc).
Cost to Attend
In 2017-2018 academic year, 96% of Fortis College-Richmond's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||65%||$219|
|State Grant & Scholarships||--||--|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||66%||$77|
|Federal Student Loans||88%||$9,374|
$22,224Average Net Price
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$22,157|
|$30,001 to $48,000$24,372|
|$48,001 to $75,000$25,492|
|$75,001 to $110,000$26,650|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and Virginia state board of nursing.