The Centura College is accredited by the Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC). Practical Nursing program is designed to prepare students for a career in medicine. The practical nursing curriculum offers instruction in academic and practical nursing courses.
The program offers training in a range of courses including, physiology, anatomy, medical terminology and training in safety and infection control nursing procedures.
Theoretical instruction in the classroom will be reinforced with practical clinical components offering opportunities for direct patient care.
The faculty at Centura is qualified to provide students with the necessary tools to succeed in the nursing profession. The instructors are committed to providing a conducive environment with personal, hands on, friendly and informative programs. The program offers a high standard of education to train students that are equipped to function within the healthcare setting.
1. High school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
2. Official transcripts for all applicable coursework
3. Physical Examinations (including all laboratory tests and immunization series)
4. Completion of all pre-requisite courses with satisfactory grades
5. Satisfactory grade point average for all relevant courses
6. College placement examinations or equivalents
7. Drug screening
8. Criminal background check (which is required by healthcare facilities and the licensing body)
The nursing program is tailored to fit in the requirements of working adults who require a flexible schedule.
|State board of nursing approval:||
|Average NCLEX PN passrate (3 years):||83.17%|
|Average number of students tested annually:||31|
|Program accreditations:||Not Accredited|
|Available Study Options|
Annual NCLEX PN passrate data and the number of students who took the exam at Centura College - Norfolk as reported by Virginia state board of nursing.
|Year||Students Tested||School||National Avg|