Western Technical College
|Campus LocaleSmall City|
|Number of Students4,108|
|Student to Faculty Ratio9:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus HousingYes|
The Western Technical College Nursing program prepares nurses for roles as client care manager as well as providing client care in nursing.
Students are prepared to provide supervision and direction in the handling of basic nursing care. Graduates from the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Exam for RNs as licensure for practice.
The program prepares students to become a part of healthcare team to provide and mange healthcare.
1. Completed application
2. High school transcript or GED equivalency certificate
3. COMPASS, ASSET or ACT (for students applying directly from high school)
4. Complete criminal background check for caregivers
5. Complete immunization record (including TB clearance)
6. CPR certification for healthcare providers offered by the American Heart Association (to be maintained throughout the program)
7. Complete pre-requisite courses with a ‘C’ grade or better
8. Complete a minimum of 120 hours of instruction in an accredited program with a clinical component (Working as a nursing assistant is recommended)
9. Acceptable performance on a designated nursing pre-admission examination (students with a Bachelors Degree or higher are not required to take placement tests)
Prospective applicants can contact counselors or enrollment service advisors through the official website of the college.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||8||97|
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission|
01/01/1972 - Current
Nursing Programs Accreditations
Nursing (ADNUR) - Associate degree programs|
06/01/1976 - Current
Cost to Attend
The following table details the reported cost of attendance per credit hour for the 2017-2018 academic year.
|In District Students||$132/credit|
|In State Students||$132/credit|
|Out of State Students||$198/credit|
|In District Students||-|
|In State Students||-|
|Out of State Students||-|
Based on the above credit hour costs, here is a sample tuition for different nursing programs.
|Program||Credit Hours||In district||In State||Out of State|
If you attend a private, for-profit school, usually the additional cost (besides tuition) is about 10% of the tuition. If you attend a public school or a not-for-profit private school, the additional cost is around 50% of the tuition.
In 2017-2018 academic year, 87% of Western Technical College's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||2%||$831|
|State Grant & Scholarships||35%||$1,122|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||26%||$1,409|
|Federal Student Loans||62%||$4,820|
$8,627Average Net Price
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$7,464|
|$30,001 to $48,000$7,811|
|$48,001 to $75,000$10,216|
|$75,001 to $110,000$12,099|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and Wisconsin state board of nursing.