Tazewell County Career and Technical Center
The Tazewell County Career and Technical School Practical Nursing Program is offered in cooperation with the county school board and the selected hospitals. The program is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing and the Virginia Board of Education.
The practical nursing program is open to high school seniors and qualified adults who are residents of Tazewell County and surrounding counties. Out of State applicants are only considered for the program if there is space available.
The nursing program is divided into two nine month phases with the first phase offered at TCCTC, for three hours a day, Monday through Friday. The Clinical phase of the program commences in July and is offered in five full academic days a week.
The schedule for the second phase of the program includes theoretical in class room instruction and clinical experience in a range of different healthcare settings.
Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination to be licensed as Practical Nurses.
- Admission is open to rising high school seniors and adults who have a high school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- High school transcripts
- Standardized test scores
- Physical examination including testing for tuberculosis
- Personal references
- Pre Entrance examinations
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
- Written by:
- September 25, 2020
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.