American Career College-Lynwood
American Career College-Lynwood is one of the one hundred twenty-seven private, for-profit career colleges in California. The campus is located in a suburb, in Lynwood.According to the NCES 2017 report, a total of 314 students attend the school. Every year 81% of the graduating class students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their studies.
|Campus LocaleLarge Suburb|
|Number of Students314|
|Student to Faculty Ratio45:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|LevelLess than two year|
|On Campus Housing-|
The St. Francis Career College Vocational Nursing program is intended to provide students with a theoretical framework of knowledge, values, skills, experiences and meanings in a systematized manner to support the provision of nursing care within the scope of the Vocational Nurse Practice Act.
The program will utilize a curriculum that progresses from simple concepts to the more complex in theory and clinical skills.
The program is four semesters long, totaling 16 months of instruction excluding semester breaks and other holidays. This time frame does not take into account time required reviewing for the National Licensure exams and other exams required for graduation. The total length of the program is approximately 18 to 20 months.
The program schedule is Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 3:00 pm theory classes and clinical hours from 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Evening courses (if available) will be run 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm and clinical hours will be 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm.
- Official photo identification
- Original Social Security Card
- Official High school Diploma GED equivalency certificate
- Entrance exam (proof of Math and English skills)
- Current educational work experience
- Current Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers certification from the American Heart Association and Certification for CPR + AED to be kept current thorough the period of enrollment.
- Formal Interview
- Background check for the past seven years
- Health Screening (physical exam, confirmation of required immunizations, vaccinations and drug screening test)
The school admits 30 students for each class but will maintain a waiting list in case of cancellation. New students will be oriented prior to the first day of theory classes. Orientation is mandatory to all students enrolled in the program. Dress code for orientation is business casual.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||8||62|
Cost to Attend
In 2017-2018 academic year, 82% of American Career College-Lynwood's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||45%||$140|
|State Grant & Scholarships||9%||$2,234|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||13%||$4,214|
|Federal Student Loans||61%||$7,486|
$22,749Average Net Price
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$22,565|
|$30,001 to $48,000$23,133|
|$48,001 to $75,000$23,313|
|$75,001 to $110,000$27,083|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
- California State PTA Continuing Education Scholarship for School Nurses
- FNSNA Promise of Nursing Scholarships
- Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarships
- Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship Program
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and California state board of nursing.