Southside Virginia Community College - Farmville Campus
The Southside Virginia Community College Practical Nursing program is to prepare students for entry level jobs as nurse practitioners
Graduates who successfully complete the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination to become a licensed a Practical Nurse.
- Completed Application
- High school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- SVCC placement exam (with reading, writing and math components)
- High school Science and Math requirements
- TEAS V Nursing Pre-admission exam
Application deadlines for the program are the 15th of October for enrollment in January and the 15th of May for enrollment in August. The application process gives priority to qualified applicants who are residents in the college service area.
Applicants accepted into the program are expected to meet the following program specific requirements:
- Full physical examination with laboratory works and immunizations by the first day of enrollment
- Current CPR certification for health care providers from the American Heart Association to be kept current through the period of enrollment
- Criminal background check
- Urine drug screening
Students who do not meet these requirements before the first day of enrollment may not be able to take part in clinical trials or be denied licensure by the licensing body.
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.