Lower Columbia College
Longview, WA 98632
Lower Columbia College is one of the eight public 2-year colleges in Washington. Its campus is small in size and located in Longview. The institution offers only undergrad degree programs.
Every year 28% of students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their respective studies.
Lower Columbia College's in-state tuition for 2017-2018 academic year was $3,922, and fees were $353. Out-of-state tuition and fees for the same period were $4,389 and $353 respectively.
|Campus LocaleSmall City|
|Student to Faculty Ratio14:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus Housing-|
Nursing Programs Offered
The Lower Columbia College Nursing Program prepares students to offer holistic service for all. The program is approved by the Washington State Nursing Care Quality Assurance Commission and is accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
The program offers several entry points:
- The Nursing Assistant Certificate: The Nursing Assistant Certificate equips students for basic nursing care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse culminating in a Certificate of Completion. Students don’t need to be admitted to the Nursing program to earn this certificate.
- Practical/Registered Nurse: This program offers students admitted for the Applied Science Degree program an opportunity to qualify for the Practical Nurse Certificate of Proficiency after being enrolled in the program for four quarters. Students are eligible to sit for the state licensing exam to be licensed as a Practical Nurse. Students are able to exit the program can at this point.
Students seeking to complete the Applied Science Degree to become Registered Nurse can do so by completing the remaining 3 quarters of the nursing curriculum. Students who complete the curriculum are eligible to take the state exam to become a licensed RN.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- Applicants seeking to enroll in the LCC Nursing program are required to have a Nursing Assistant certification from Washington or Oregon States
- Program specific requirements such as physical examination, criminal background check and drug screening are applicable for enrollment.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||6||14|
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities|
12/01/1948 - Current
Nursing Programs Accreditations
Nursing (ADNUR) - Associate degree programs|
06/01/1976 - Current
Cost to Attend
The following table details the reported cost of attendance per credit hour for the 2017-2018 academic year.
|In District Students||$115/credit|
|In State Students||$115/credit|
|Out of State Students||$127/credit|
|In District Students||-|
|In State Students||-|
|Out of State Students||-|
Based on the above credit hour costs, here is a sample tuition for different nursing programs.
|Program||Credit Hours||In district||In State||Out of State|
If you attend a private, for-profit school, usually the additional cost (besides tuition) is about 10% of the tuition. If you attend a public school or a not-for-profit private school, the additional cost is around 50% of the tuition.
In 2017-2018 academic year, 77% of Lower Columbia College's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||8%||$399|
|State Grant & Scholarships||39%||$3,108|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||11%||$734|
|Federal Student Loans||17%||$5,282|
$7,057Average Net Price/year
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$6,482|
|$30,001 to $48,000$6,602|
|$48,001 to $75,000$8,788|
|$75,001 to $110,000$12,767|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
These scholarships are available to full-time student in selected regions of the U.S. Eligibility is determined by applicant's school/college of nursing's zip code. Applicants for ...
Applicant to this scholarship has to be graduate or undergraduate student and/or trainee in the field of nursing. Candidates for this award must be a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a ...
This scholarship open to all students attending accredited nursing program in selected regions such as Louisiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas and ...
The Washington State Nurses Foundation annually award scholarships to qualified candidates enrolled in an approved program leading to an associate or baccalaureate nursing degree in ...
Applicants must be residents of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon or Washington. Students must be members of the LGBTQ and allied community and display leadership either within the LGBTQ community ...
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and Washington state board of nursing.