Lafayette School of Practical Nursing
The Lafayette School of Practical Nursing is designed to prepare student for entry level positions as Practical Nurses. The program is intended to train students with a basic knowledge of medical terminology and health care information.
The program is an 18 month pre licensure program open to high school seniors and qualified adults. The program is approved by the Virginia Department of Education and the Board of Nursing.
Courses offered include, Anatomy and Physiology, Medical-Surgical Nursing, Pharmacology, Maternal-Child Nursing, Nutrition, Psychiatric Nursing, Nursing Skills, Growth & Development and Geriatric Nursing.
- All applicants to the program are required to complete an application to the program. All complete applications will be evaluated by the admission committee which will make final decision in regards to acceptance to the program
- A high school diploma or a GED equivalency certificate is required
- Official transcripts
- Three references (to be mailed to the program)
- Scores from a Nursing Entrance Test (All applicants are required to sit for the pre-admission entrance test)
The deadline for completed applications received to the program is the 1st of May.
Students accepted into the program will be expected to comply with program specific requirements including submitting health information and criminal background check.
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
- Written by:
- August 24, 2019
Program: LPN program
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.