Brightwood College-Los Angeles-Van Nuys
Brightwood College-Los Angeles-Van Nuys is one of the seventy-four private, for-profit 2-year colleges in California. The campus is located in an urban area, in Van Nuys.
According to the NCES 2017 report, a total of 623 students attend the school. Every year 74% of the graduating class students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their studies.
|Campus LocaleLarge City|
|Number of Students623|
|Student to Faculty Ratio33:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus Housing-|
The Kaplan College Vocational Nursing Program is approved by the Bureau for Private Postsecondary Education.
The program prepares students to work in a variety of setting including, clinics, doctor’s offices, and hospitals by equipping them with the professional skills and knowledge you need to pursue a career in nursing.
The program combines classroom instruction with clinical and lab experience preparing nurses to deliver direct patient care, data collection, basic bedside nursing, wound management, medication administration and documentation and patient education under the supervision of a physician or a registered nurse.
Successful graduates from the program are eligible to apply to sit for the National Council Licensure Examinations for licensure as a Vocational Nurse.
- High School Diploma, GED equivalency certificate
- Possess a Home Study Certificate or transcript from a Home Study Program equivalent to high school diploma
- Complete required admission documents
- Complete informational interview
- Nationally standardized test designed to measure ability to perform tasks associated with occupational goals
- Complete Enrollment Agreement
- Documentations for health examinations, immunizations, pathology tests,
A criminal background check may be required for a student for the purposes of professional licensing, registration exams and certification. Students who have prior felony convictions or serious misdemeanors may be denied professional certification, licensing and registration.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||7||33|
Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools|
08/09/2013 - Current
Cost to Attend
In 2017-2018 academic year, 91% of Brightwood College-Los Angeles-Van Nuys's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||43%||$185|
|State Grant & Scholarships||8%||$2,593|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||25%||$627|
|Federal Student Loans||82%||$7,953|
$21,349Average Net Price
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$21,428|
|$30,001 to $48,000$21,603|
|$48,001 to $75,000$23,094|
|$75,001 to $110,000$23,510|
Calculate your net price
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
Two or more races
- California State PTA Continuing Education Scholarship for School Nurses
- FNSNA Promise of Nursing Scholarships
- Licensed Vocational Nurse to Associate Degree Nursing Scholarships
- Associate Degree Nursing Scholarship Program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing Scholarship Program
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and California state board of nursing.