ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk
ITT Technical Institute-Norfolk is one of the twenty-six private, for-profit 4-year colleges in Virginia. The campus is located in an urban area, in Norfolk.
|Campus LocaleMidsize City|
|Number of Students-|
|Student to Faculty Ratio-|
|Is Admission Open-|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus Housing-|
The ITT Technical Institute ADN program curriculum combines theoretical and clinical nursing components offering training in the various elements of nursing practice. Some courses in this program can be taught fully or partially online as distance education as determined at the discretion of the college. The school may determine some clinical components can be taken in a supervised setting as part of the online or distance program.
Students applying to enter the nursing program are required to submit the following support documents with their application as well as additional program specific requirements.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency certificate
- Transcripts for all college level coursework if applicable
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher
- College placement test scores
Program specific requirements include a physical examination, immunization series, drug screening and a criminal background check.
Students who fail the criminal background check many be denied entry to clinical practice settings which will prevent them from successfully completing the nursing program. The licensing body may also deny license to students with conviction for a range of illegal offenses.
The program generally admits 15 to 30 students every year.
Cost to Attend
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and Virginia state board of nursing.