Heritage University is one of the twenty private, not-for-profit 4-year colleges in Washington. The campus is located in a rural area, in Toppenish.According to the NCES 2017 report, a total of 1,044 students attend the school. Every year 23% of the graduating class students graduate in 150% of the time it takes to complete their studies.
Heritage University's in-state tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year was $17,824, and fees were $90. Out-of-state tuition and fees for the same period were $17,824 and $90 respectively.
|Campus LocaleFringe Rural|
|Number of Students1,044|
|Student to Faculty Ratio6:1|
|Is Admission OpenYes|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|On Campus Housing-|
The Heritage College Nursing Program is intended to prepare students with a range of nursing qualifications from entry level to advance degrees.
The curriculum combined theoretical in class instruction with practical clinical experience and opportunities for involvement in the local community.
- A student who has met graduation requirements from an accredited high school is eligible for admission.
- Heritage University also admits students who have successfully completed testing requirements for a GED.
- the college recommends that prospective students complete three years of English, three years of history, one year of laboratory science, two years of mathematics, and four years of other academic subjects such as language, social science, etc.
The following academic tracks are on offer at heritage:
- Practical Nursing Certificate: Students enrolled in this program are offered the same nursing coursework as the Associate Degree in Nursing. Students who wish to continue to earn an ASN degree will be required to complete all General Education requirements. Graduates in from the program are eligible to sit for the National Council Examination to be licensed as a practical nurse.
- PN Associate of Science: Students enrolled in this program will be offered a combination of Practical Nursing with prerequisite courses. This track offers students the chance to practice as LPN’s before going on to pursue further nursing education. Graduates are licensed by the National Council of Licensure
- LPN-RN: This track offers licensed Practical Nurses to upgrade their qualification
Students accepted in to any of the nursing options will have to submit proof of a current physical exam, CPR certification for health care providers, drug screening, criminal background check and other requirements.
Students who successfully complete the required PN and concurrent course work are eligible to take the State Board Practical Nursing Examination leading to licensure as a practical nurse (LPN). Students that have their LPN are then able to apply for the LPN to RN ADN Bridge Program.
Nursing Programs Graduates (2017-2018 academic year)
|Number of Graduates|
|Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||0||0|
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities|
06/01/1986 - Current
Cost to Attend
The following table details the reported cost of attendance per credit hour for the 2017-2018 academic year.
|In District Students||$743/credit|
|In State Students||$743/credit|
|Out of State Students||$743/credit|
|In District Students||$770/credit|
|In State Students||$770/credit|
|Out of State Students||$770/credit|
Based on the above credit hour costs, here is a sample tuition for different nursing programs.
|Program||Credit Hours||In district||In State||Out of State|
If you attend a private, for-profit school, usually the additional cost (besides tuition) is about 10% of the tuition. If you attend a public school or a not-for-profit private school, the additional cost is around 50% of the tuition.
In 2017-2018 academic year, 100% of Heritage University's students received financial aid. Below is the breakdown of the financial aid provided to students.
|Students Receiving Aid||Average Amount/Student|
|Other Federal Grant||27%||$376|
|State Grant & Scholarships||81%||$9,214|
|Institutional Grant & Scholarships||100%||$4,474|
|Federal Student Loans||43%||$3,854|
$11,742Average Net Price
Average Net Price by Family Income
|Less than $30,000$9,958|
|$30,001 to $48,000$8,928|
|$48,001 to $75,000$11,706|
|$75,001 to $110,000$22,400|
Calculate your net price
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2017-2018 colleges survey) and Washington state board of nursing.