Toppenish, WA 98948
Heritage University is a private, not for profit institution, located in Toppenish, Washington. It offers both undergrad and graduate degree programs.
Heritage University has an open admission/open enrollment policy. The only requirement for entrance is a high school diploma or equivalent (such as GED certificate).
Heritage University's in-state tuition for academic year 2016-2017 was $19,032 and fees $90. Out-of-state tuition and fees for the same period were $19,032 and $90 respectively.
|Campus LocaleRural: Fringe|
|Student to Faculty Ratio7:1|
|Religious Affiliation -|
|Business ModelNot for Profit|
|On Campus Housing-|
Nursing Programs Offered
The Heritage College Nursing Program is intended to prepare students with a range of nursing qualifications from entry level to advance degrees.
The curriculum combined theoretical in class instruction with practical clinical experience and opportunities for involvement in the local community.
- A student who has met graduation requirements from an accredited high school is eligible for admission.
- Heritage University also admits students who have successfully completed testing requirements for a GED.
- the college recommends that prospective students complete three years of English, three years of history, one year of laboratory science, two years of mathematics, and four years of other academic subjects such as language, social science, etc.
The following academic tracks are on offer at heritage:
- Practical Nursing Certificate: Students enrolled in this program are offered the same nursing coursework as the Associate Degree in Nursing. Students who wish to continue to earn an ASN degree will be required to complete all General Education requirements. Graduates in from the program are eligible to sit for the National Council Examination to be licensed as a practical nurse.
- PN Associate of Science: Students enrolled in this program will be offered a combination of Practical Nursing with prerequisite courses. This track offers students the chance to practice as LPN’s before going on to pursue further nursing education. Graduates are licensed by the National Council of Licensure
- LPN-RN: This track offers licensed Practical Nurses to upgrade their qualification
Students accepted in to any of the nursing options will have to submit proof of a current physical exam, CPR certification for health care providers, drug screening, criminal background check and other requirements.
Students who successfully complete the required PN and concurrent course work are eligible to take the State Board Practical Nursing Examination leading to licensure as a practical nurse (LPN). Students that have their LPN are then able to apply for the LPN to RN ADN Bridge Program.
Nursing Programs Graduates - 2016-2017 academic year
|Program name||Degree type||Graduates|
|Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training||Certificate||0|
|Practical Nursing, Vocational Nursing and Nursing Assistants, Other||Award of at least 1 but less than 2 academic years||4|
|Pre-Nursing Studies||Associate's degree||0|
|Registered Nursing/Registered Nurse||Associate's degree||0|
|Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurse Training||Associate's degree||0|
NCLEX-RN Passrate History
NCLEX-RN passrate history of Heritage University as reported by Washington state board of nursing.
NCLEX-PN Passrate History
NCLEX-PN passrate history of Heritage University as reported by Washington state board of nursing.
Nearby Nursing Schools
The following schools are located within 200 miles radius from Heritage University
Walla Walla University
98.44 miles away
Pacific Lutheran University
110.6 miles away
121.14 miles away
122.45 miles away
Saint Martin's University
123.57 miles away
124.44 miles away
University of Portland
124.83 miles away
Linfield College-School of Nursing
124.87 miles away
Seattle Pacific University
127.75 miles away
George Fox University
144.12 miles away
Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities|
06/01/1986 - Current
$10,139Average Net Price/year
Net Price by Family Income
|Less than 30k$10,312|
|30k to 48k$8,962|
|48k to 75k$8,158|
|75k to 110k$7,842|
Cost Per Credit Hours
Cost of a course per credit hour for undergrad and graduate classes.
|Academic Year||In State||Out of State|
|Academic Year||In State||Out of State|
Two or more races
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander
American Indian or Alaska Native
Data soucre: IPEDS colleges survery (Fall 2016)
These scholarships are available to full-time student in selected regions of the U.S. Eligibility is determined by applicant's school/college of nursing's zip code. Applicants for [...]
Applicant to this scholarship has to be graduate or undergraduate student and/or trainee in the field of nursing. Candidates for this award must be a child, grandchild or great-grandchild of a [...]
This scholarship open to all students attending accredited nursing program in selected regions such as Louisiana, Maryland, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas [...]
The Washington State Nurses Foundation annually award scholarships to qualified candidates enrolled in an approved program leading to an associate or baccalaureate nursing degree in [...]
Applicants must be residents of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon or Washington. Students must be members of the LGBTQ and allied community and display leadership either within the LGBTQ community [...]
Data source: https://nces.ed.gov (2015-2016 colleges survey) and Washington state board of nursing