Fairfax County School of Practical Nursing
The Fairfax County School of Practical Nursing is offered in two parts over a full year. The program accepts students in the spring and fall semesters.
The nursing curriculum includes preclinical elements that can be taken by high school seniors. The nursing courses concentrate in ensuring competency to enable students to become efficient providers of direct patient care.
Students who successfully complete both sections of the level one Practical Nursing program and the additional clinical requirements offered in the summer semester will be eligible to apply to sit for the Certified Nursing Assistant.
Theoretical nursing classes are offered at Falls Church Academy and clinical practice experiences are offered at various healthcare facilities within the community.
PRIMARY PREREQUISITES (Postgraduate adult):
- Virginia residency
- High School diploma or GED
- Verification of non-US diploma
- Pre-entrance examination (TEAS-PN)
- Criminal background check & drug screen Students accepted into the program are required to submit immunization records and other requirements for clinical participation. Students will also be required to submit insurance for health and accident.
The clinical part of the program is a full time study program given Monday through Friday with students taking part in clinical rotations, classroom instruction and laboratory experience. The curriculum encompasses advanced nursing theory to prepare students to be eligible to sit for the state licensing examination for practical nurses.
- Nurses Scholarship - American Legion Auxiliary Department of virginia
- Mary Virginia Macrae Memorial Merit Award
- American Legion Auxiliary Department of Virginia Past Presidents Parley Nurses Scholarship
- Edward J. and Virginia M. Routhier Nursing Scholarship
- Genevieve Saran Richmond Award
If you are a current or former student of this school, please help out prospective students by sharing your experience with the school. We also welcome faculty members and staff members to leave a review and answer students questions.